As much as I love all things Spring- the blooming flowers, the more comfortable temperatures, the occasional thunderstorm and not having to wear so many layers at all times- I have to admit that the season can wreak absolute havoc on my skin and hair. Between the fluctuating warm/frigid days, where some mornings are snowy and cold only to turn stuffy and humid by the evening- and all the pollen floating around at any given time?- my pores and my scalp can’t keep up.
Add in the fact that I’m blonde now, and prone to brassiness if I’m not diligent with the hair care I use every day- it’s no surprise I needed some extra TLC with my routine this season.
So for Spring 2021, I added in/swapped around some of my products that I carried over from my Winter 2021 routine– focusing a little more on gentle exfoliation, deep cleansing that wouldn’t overly strip or dry out my skin, quick blemish solutions for more problematic/oily days- and instant relief for when the pollen had my eyes looking and feeling a little more puffy than I would have liked.
I’m still using my gel moisturizer from my Winter routine, as well as the retinol eye cream at night- and I have a loose powder with SPF I like to pat on to give me some sun protection when I go out (as well as keep any shine under control)– but I have a feeling I’ll need a little more sunscreen in my routine by the time Summer rolls around.
Until then, though- this is what I’ve been using this Spring. And if you’re interested in past routines, I’ve linked them here!
[ WINTER 2021 ]
[ FALL 2020 ] [ SUMMER 2020 ] [ SPRING 2020 ] [ WINTER 2020 ]
- Exfoliating Scrub: C’est Moi Refreshing Papaya & Strawberry Seed Scrub Facial Mask [$10 – MORE INFO]
- Daily Cleanser: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleaner for Normal/Oily Skin [$9.50 – MORE INFO]
- Toner: Neogen Demalogy Real Cica Micellar Cleansing Water [$20 – MORE INFO]
- Cooling Eye Gel: Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Puff Eye Roller [$12.99 – MORE INFO]
- Blemish Patches: Hydrocolloid Bandages with Salicylic & Hyaluronic Acids and Tea Tree Oil [$13.95 – MORE INFO]
For my hair care this Spring, I’ve stuck with my shampoo/conditioner I had written at length about in the Winter- but opted to add a couple of additional products to keep my curls soft, frizz-free, and strong- but also protect my blonde from fading/discoloration. With the addition of a powerful clarifier I use weekly, a caffeine-infused mask I use a couple times a week- and a purple toning spray I use daily (and wrote about recently)- my hair has never looked or felt better!
Here’s what I’ve added into the mix:
- Reparing Hair Mask: Marc Anthony Grow Long Hair Mask for Dry Damaged Hair [$10.79 – MORE INFO]
- Leave-In Toner Spray: Sun Bum Blonde Tone Enhancer [$14.99 – MORE INFO]
- Clarifier: all-nutrient ClarpHx Treatment [$19 – MORE INFO]
And that just about does it for my Spring 2021 routine. A couple of splurges- but mostly budget beauty that does an amazing job without breaking the bank!
I’m sure that come Summer, when I’m outdoors a lot more- I’m going to need to switch up the routine for sure and get as much SPF as I can- but for now these are the products that have been getting me through this most unpredictable of New England seasons!