Every Winter I think I’ve got things figured out in terms of proper layering and accessorizing to keep myself warm (but fashionable) and ready to face the elements- and then the cold hair hits my skin or my hair and I remember that I need to properly update my daily and nightly beauty regimen, too.
Although my skin is on the combination/oily side nearly year-round- the frigid New England temperatures outside paired with the desert-dry air from various heaters indoors (like my apartment!) can mean a lot of itchy, dry skin and limp, lifeless curls that in dire need of some TLC to keep them looking hydrated and healthy.
This time of year, I don’t switch up my skincare routine too much. I’ve been using the Fenty 3-Step System since the Fall and the results are undeniable. My skin is clearer, brighter, and smoother for sure- but I do add a couple of extra, affordable products to my routine to give my complexion a moisture boost and keep it glowing all day and well into the evening when it’s time to rest and recharge.
I also tend to focus a little more on my eye area this time of year, which seems to get a bit more sensitive in the colder weather- and I turn to solutions that will not only alleviate any tenderness/puffiness but will also combat dark circles and fine lines, too.
And if you’re curious about any of my past routines/products- I’ve linked them below!
Here’s what I’ve added to my routine for Winter 2021:
- Daytime/Nighttime Moisturizer Boost: Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream – Normal/Combo Skin [$5.99 – MORE INFO]
- Daytime/Nightime Eye Cream: essano Collagen Boost Eye Creme [$15.00 – MORE INFO]
- De-Puffing Eye Patches: Beautaniq Beauty Guardian Angel Revitalizing Eye Gels [$22.00 – MORE INFO]
Near the end of 2020- fed up with the pandemic and looking for a new style that would boost my spirits and let me play around with something a little different- I opted to go blonde. Not platinum, one-shade-closer-to-white levels of blonde- because there’s no way I could pull that off- but a soft, gently highlighted blonde that I plan on gradually getting a little more ash-colored with as the months go on.
Of course, being a natural brunette with a LOT of red tones in my hair- I’m prone to brassiness- so this Winter I turned to a collection of purple-hued products that would combat any orange tones in my hair and keep it looking sun-kissed and lovely- even in the dead of Winter.
Here’s what I’m using this Winter for my curls!
- Weekly Scalp/Hair Mask: Voir Haircare Rhythm of the Rain Hair Masque & Scalp Detox [$28.00 – MORE INFO]
- Shampoo: ELEVEN Australia Keep My Color Blonde Shampoo [$25.00 – MORE INFO]
- Conditioner: ELEVEN Australia Keep My Color Blonde Conditioner [$25.00 – MORE INFO]
- Hydrating Hairspray: ELEVEN Australia Refresh & Hydrate Fragrance Spray [$25.00 – MORE INFO]
And that just about does it for my Winter 2020/2021 collection! Despite the non-stop snow, the single digit temperatures, and the never-ending heat blasting wherever I go- my skin and my hair have been looking and feeling pretty good lately!
I’m looking forward to seeing what makes the list in Spring- but then again I’m also just looking forward to Spring, period.