Following stay-at-home and quarantine procedures may mean that I don’t get to wear makeup as often as I did when I was commuting to/from my office or actively meeting up with my friends and family on the weekends to go out for dinner, see a movie or a concert, etc., but if there’s any silver lining to be found in the midst of this pandemic and the occasional bouts of cabin fever- it’s that I’ve been able to follow my Spring skincare routine fairly diligently- and my complexion has never looked better.
Back in February, I had shared my Winter 2020 Skin/Hair Care regimen– which consisted of gentler cleansers, lightweight exfoliants and heavier moisturizers to combat the dullness and dryness that often tried to take over my skin in the colder temperatures. One of my favorite things about the warmer weather gradually making it’s way through New England in recent weeks is that I can swap out those products for lighter, less dense alternatives now that my skin is starting to return to it’s oily/combination way of life that typically lasts through mid-Fall.
During one of my bi-weekly pharmacy runs last month, I stocked up on my favorite Spring-Transitioning-Into-Summer products to get me through April showers, May sunshine and beyond. While I’m still using some of my Winter products (the vitamins and cream cleanser, for example-) I thought I’d share some of the newer additions I’ve been loving this season.
- For Gentle Exfoliation: cleen beauty Acai Face Scrub [$6.97 – MORE INFO]
- Daytime/Nighttime Serum: cleen beauty Vitamin C Papaya Glow Serum [$9.97 – MORE INFO]
- Daytime Moisturizer: cleen beauty Grapefruit Water Gel Moisturizer [$9.97 – MORE INFO]
- Nighttime Moisturizer: cleen beauty Lavender Chamomile Night Cream [$9.97 – MORE INFO]
- Eye Cream: CONTEXT Vitamin C All Day Eye Cream [$35.00 – MORE INFO]
- Weekly Purifying Mask: Whish Beauty Blue Matcha Restoring Mask [$58 – MORE INFO]
- Weekly Nighttime Mask: cleen beauty Avocado Hemp Butter Sleep Mask [$9.97 – MORE INFO]
For the Spring, my hair care is pretty much the same as it was in the Winter (the joys of buying in bulk right before a pandemic hits!) with a couple of new additions that have been lifesavers when it comes to keeping my curls vibrant and healthy since I haven’t been able to get to my stylist in a couple of months.
- Weekly Mask/Color Treatment: oVertone Haircare Coloring Conditioner [$29 – MORE INFO]
- Detangle/Hydrating Spray: Lavish CURLS Moisturizer [$9.99 – MORE INFO]
And that just about does it for my Springtime products- a bunch of affordable, clean, and highly effective serums, creams, masks and mists that keep me looking fresh and ready for the warmer days ahead- even if I’m just enjoying them from the comfort of my windowsill or my car for the time being.
I’m hoping I’ll be able to show off my radiant complexion and shiny hair in places other than just social media someday soon.
If you’ve got some favorite Springtime skincare/hair care products of your own that you’d like to share, feel free to drop me a line or leave a comment!