My longtime friend and podcast co-host, Stef, is the undisputed Queen of Sustainability- and I’ve written in the past about some of the amazing things she does on the farm she runs with her husband, Andy- including the absolutely insane crops they grow every year.
And around this time of the Summer season, Stef always gifts me an abundance of vegetables from her garden- including gigantic tomatoes, peppers and zucchinis. She knows how much I like finding new and creative ways to utilize the ingredients, ranging from complex dishes to quick and easy bits and bites.
Lucky for anyone looking for a simple but delicious zucchini recipe for any upcoming Summertime gatherings- this one takes under 15 minutes to whip up and requires minimal ingredients to pull off!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 small to medium zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more as needed
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini with a few tablespoons olive oil until coated. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on an unlined baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle the zucchini with the Parmesan, making sure each coin is covered in cheese. Transfer to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and golden and the zucchini is tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Season with more black pepper and top with more Parmesan, if desired, before serving.
I always put a teeny, tiny bit more cheese on the zucchini prior to baking to ensure that it browns and crisps the way I like it. A little extra cheese never hurt anyone, after all.
And these flavorful discs are so satisfying- and are a considerably healthier snacking option than other cheesy/salty indulgences we often reach for in a pinch to please a crowd!
I’m hooked on them!