The holidays can get a little hectic for a lot of people- gift shopping, followed shortly by gift wrapping, decorating, holiday parties and get togethers (and all the cooking and cleaning that goes into those, too!) travel plans and preparations- it can all get pretty overwhelming.
So I thought that today, since I’m doing some Christmas traveling myself right now- I’d share one of the quickest, easiest, no-fuss, minimal cleanup holiday dessert recipes that anyone can whip up in little to no time at all and serve at your office, at your in-laws’, or just enjoy all by yourself if you want (no judgment!) while you’re wrapping presents or enjoying some classic seasonal movies from the comfort of your couch.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped, divided
- ¾ cup dried cranberries, divided
- Flaky salt, to garnish
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the semisweet chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. In a medium saucepan, bring a few inches of water to a gentle simmer; nest the bowl in the saucepan and stir with a silicone spatula until fully melted. Repeat in a separate bowl with the white chocolate.
2. To the semisweet chocolate, stir in half of the pistachios and half of the cranberries. Spread the mixture into a thin, even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle all over with most of the white chocolate (hold back a small amount for a final drizzle), using a paring knife to swirl it through. Top with the remaining pistachios and cranberries, drizzle with the remaining white chocolate and garnish with flaky salt.
3. Allow the chocolate bark to set until completely firm, ideally overnight. Break the bark into bite-size pieces before serving.
For something with only five ingredients, this bark is packed with fun and festive flavors! I absolutely love pistachios and anything cranberry- so this is an instant favorite for me.
And I’m sure when I make another batch on Christmas Eve- my family will love it, too!