Happy December, everyone! While I’m going to be kicking off this month with some of my favorite traditions- like finishing decorating my apartment, putting together my annual Christmas cards and getting ready to marathon some of my favorite holiday movies- I also wanted to share a quick, easy and festive appetizer recipe for those of you looking for new and delicious ways to entertain your guests at any upcoming parties you have planned!
This recipe combines great flavors and satisfying textures in a unique and unexpected combination- from the flaky pie crust, the tart spoonful of cranberry and the creamy Brie cheese. These bites are like a little Christmas present for the tastebuds!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, unrolled (from one 14.1-ounce box!)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Brie cheese
- ¼ cup prepared cranberry sauce
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out about 42 circles of dough and transfer to two parchment-lined baking sheets.
3. Brush the dough with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and poke with the tines of a fork several times. Bake until golden brown and slightly puffed, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. While the crust is baking, slice the Brie into 1-inch pieces.
5. Top each piece of pie crust with a slice of Brie, a spoonful of cranberry sauce and some thyme leaves.
I’ve made these bites for holiday office parties, Friendsgivings and seasonal celebrations in the past- and they are always such a big hit that I usually have to make more (and then even more after that!)
You can also add a sprinkle of brown sugar on top of the cranberry if you’re looking to take the tartness down just a little bit- but that is entirely up to you and your own personal preferences!