June 1st, while not the *official* first day of Summer- is still the beginning of the season to me. I start wearing shorts and flip flops, start spending a little more time at the beach- and start cooking some of my most beloved Summertime dishes. One of my favorites? S’mores- especially these quick and easy calzone versions!
And I know that this Summer will be unlike any other I’ve ever experienced before with everything going on- but I’m determined to make the most of it to the best of my abilities- and this seemed like the perfect way to kick things off!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 package of refrigerated pizza or pastry dough
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2-4 Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- 10 marshmallows
- 1 cup of finely crushed graham crackers
- Powdered sugar (for dusting.)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, or your oven to 375°F.
2. Divide the dough into 20 equal sized balls. From there, working one at a time- roll the dough into 3½ inch circles. Separate the circles so you have ten for the bottom part of the calzone, and ten for the top.
3. In the center each of the “bottom” dough circles, place a couple squares of Hershey’s chocolate, one marshmallow, and sprinkle with the finely crushed graham crackers. Cover with one of the “top” dough circles, and crimp along the edges with a fork or your fingertips to seal the calzone closed. You should have ten calzones total.
4. Brush both sides of the calzone with the melted butter, and either grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, or bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven (or until the dough becomes lightly golden.)
5. Sprinkle the still warm calzones with powdered sugar and serve!
Sweet, gooey- and not nearly as messy as traditional s’mores- this is a must-have during your next quarantine date night or social distancing fire pit. I could eat these every day for the rest of the Summer and never get tired of them.
Also- if you want to add a little something extra to make these even more indulgent- serve them with some vanilla ice cream scooped on top. It’s the perfect treat for a hot, sunny day!