I love a good charcuterie- especially when there’s a healthy variety of meats, cheeses and (sometimes) fruits to pick from and not too much of one thing or not enough of another thing. Seeing how my friends and family arrange their own take on the trend is always fun, too- ranging anywhere from simple and to-the-point to over-the-top and extravagant.
So, being a fan of more quick and easy recipes this time of year- especially ones where there’s minimal cleanup involved afterwards- I recently prepared my own version of a charcuterie that was dedicated entirely to French fries and dipping sauces.
If you have 30 minutes and don’t mind spending a little cash at your local grocery store-and the cost of everything really isn’t that bad, I promise- then this one is pretty fun to whip up!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- ½ bag frozen crinkle cut fries
- ½ bag frozen curly fries
- ½ bag frozen sweet potato fries
- ½ bag frozen tots
- Your choice of dipping sauces (I used ketchup, honey mustard, Heinz Mayochup and Heinz Buffaranch!)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Bake the French fries and tots according to the package directions. This typically takes about 25 minutes- and you can usually bake them all at the same time.
2. While the fries are cooking, scoop/pour the condiments into small bowls for serving. When the fries are done, arrange them with the condiments on a serving tray or board (like you would with a standard charcuterie board) and enjoy!
This dish is and will always be a hit at any cookout, BBQ, Summer picnic, etc. Sure, it might be a little silly- but everyone loves French fries and offering up a variety of them is always welcome!
Of course, you can substitute pretty much anything with this board- from the type of fries to the dipping sauces. It’s completely customizable based on what you (and your guests!) like best!